View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 PM   #65 (permalink)
fuzzywuzzy
Base Member

Drives: 370z
fuzzywuzzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
here's a question since there's a thread opened already...kinda a little off topic but has to do with keyfob...sorry, if this is in the manual, then, well, I'm just too lazy to read it, but here goes:

How long/far can you drive the car without the the keyfob inside the car? cuz you can actually drive it once it's been started without the keyfob..

oh, here's another tip for the OP, if your engine is running, and you need to step out of the car for a quick minute (to run into the grocery store, or maybe to warn up your car in the early morning), you can start the car, step out, close the door, and use the keyfob or the button on the door handle to lock the car...I do this a lot when I have to just run in and out somewhere, just so I don't have to restart my car again and my A/C will still be running, AND my car is locked so no one can get in it...I guess you can say there's a benefit to this too: you burn less gas cuz you don't have to restart the car, cuz your car juices more gas when you start the vehicle...then again, if you're gonna be in somewhere for 30 minute, that defeats the whole purpose of saving gas...in that case, turn off your damn car, you're heating up the outdoor damn it...

No it doesn't take more gas to start your car than to leave it running ...where do people get these "facts" ?
fuzzywuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote