View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Attaboy
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z 6M Black
Attaboy is on a distinguished road
Question rim damage.. possibly more??

So i'm cruising around town having a blast in my z this moring and enjoying a great day with the car and 4 turns before i get home i overcorrected when powering through a corner that i normally screech through with ease...

Anyway, I ended up sliding into the curb, facing the wrong way. The drivers side front wheel went over the curb and slid about 2 feet but the rear stayed on the street. photos are of the subsequent damage on both wheels attached for your viewing pleasure. The front is worse than the rear.

The car still handles normally and tracks straight, but i get a resonating audible noise now from the front left at about 50mph and up. It could be simply the front drivers side tire being out of balance (it's missing a couple of the counter weights). or could this be something more serious???

also, i previously had the same ratte/clunking noise in the 6M transmission between 1st gear, neutral, and 2nd gear that has been noted on other threads here.. it wasnt all that bad before, but it is more pronounced since my little incident.

1. I'm a douche and sick to my stomach for trashing my month old dream car.
2. Are the rims repairable? i have no clue.
3. Did i cause serious damage to my car and am too dumb to realize it?.. I'm verny concerned about this one due to the extra problems noted besides the rim damage.

Can any of you pros out there who know these cars in your sleep lend a noob some advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front driver.jpg (225.5 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg Rear driver.jpg (229.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Rear Driver whole.jpg (249.7 KB, 94 views)
Attaboy is offline   Reply With Quote