Thread: G37 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
NYBladeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lotus Exige S
NYBladeZ has a spectacular aura aboutNYBladeZ has a spectacular aura about

To sum it up in a few sentences. If you want a vq37 motor with a heavier, more luxurious, and 2 extra seats around it get the G37. If you are more about the performance or as I put it go, go, go get the Z.

IMO, the G has always and will be a watered down Z. I've run buddies who had the G35's when I had a 2004 Mustang GT and it wasn't close. Now I have a lightened Z with exhaust and tune and I can tell you for a fact the G is slower. It was slower when I was stock and it is slower when you match up bolt ons. Lastly, this may be to broad a statement but the G guys primarily mod for looks and put performance second. Majority of "modded" G's will have body accents, wheels, painted emblems and other little bits and pieces here and there. If you want to build a pretty car get the G over the Z, if you want to build a fun to drive PURE SPORTS CAR that looks great (my Z turns heads everywhere I go, I guess it's all the carbon fiber) get the Z.

PS: the G interior while luxurious is not "sporty" G's can where the skyline badge which is really really really (cannot stress it enough) tacky. Sit one second in the Z and you'll quickly notice and the cockpit was designed for sporty driving, I love the big center tach a la Ferrari and GTR.