Thread: G37 vs 370Z
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #39 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BlueMax View Post
I considered a G37, but there were only two things it had over the 370Z small
rear seats in addition to the cargo room. And a 7 year warranty. The Gs styling is more mondane and the interior is dated, plus you pay for that 7 year warranty.
Dated interior? What interior are you looking at. The gauge cluster isn't as sporty looking as the Z but, the center stack in the Z is ripped right of skyline????

With the proper bushings, toe arms, sways, coilover,2.0inch drop, and an aggressive custom tune. The G will tear most v6's and some v8's a new one. Also the 112inch wheelbase increases stability when ridin yp 160+mph. Best believe the G will achieve 1.12g' when properly modded.

My gripes with the G are these:

1. NO HANDBRAKE ON 7AT
2. Should be 150lbs lighter
3. Steering could be a tad heavier a la 370z.
4. Gauge cluster could look a little more aggressive
5. LAST BUT FAR FROM LEAST! MORE LOW END TORQUE!! Which is equally true of the Z.

What's better about the G.
1. BACK SEATS
2. Moonroof
3. More comfy front seats. 12positions and leg support
4.better stereo
5. Intelligent cruise control
6.back up camera
7. LAST BUT NOT LEAST. SOUNDS WAY BETTER THAN A Z EITHER STOCK OR WITH AFTERMARKET EXHAUST.

What's better about the Z
1. Aggressive styling.
2.cool center gauges
3.can corner harder with stock suspension.
4.LIGHTER! Base plus sport auto is 3269lbs. Manual is 3242lbs. Making it the lightest affordable 300+hp v6 auto.
5. Sick azz wheel options right from the factory.

Not so good about the Z.
Cramped interior,

What's not so good about both cars.
Gas mileage sucks for the engine size, but I can deal with it for the performance.

Who to look out for.

1. A lighter Z/28 camaro.
2. Subaru 416a concept coupe. (Sti version might have a 330hp turbo)
3. Mazda rx7 16x rotory. The most top secret concept of all. ( may shock the masses???)

My G37 mods
1. Nissan skyline badging
2. Akebono brake stickers
3. FI catpipes
4. injen cai
5. Stillen sway bars

On order
JIc coilover kit

Next mods.
Bushings
toe arms
exhaust and header by FI.