View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #1962 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

On carb cert: stillens current tunes aren't carb
certified. If they get one certified and you load it into rom, will Stillen give you the sticker, or do you have to buy the unit after they get approval, then send it to youbwoth only that one tune? If they will give you the sticker when they get one of their tunes approved, how is that different than running a custom tune for now, then running the carb approved tune once it's here? They should give you carb sticker if you revert your custom tune back, otherwise, they shouldnt be giving carb stickers to anyone who buys the kit before they get carb approval.

On the topic of warranty: is there a warranty policy in writing? I didn't receive one. If it's not in writing, there is no warranty. If there is a written policy, can someone point me to it? I keep seeing people debate whether to do a custom tune because of the warranty issue. If Stillen warranties their carb tune, that means everyone who has run tune r1-r7 are running non-approved tunes which would not be warranty qualified. If Stillen will warranty their non-carb tunes, people
like tomnavone that are running non-stock items like
HFC's that could be causing poor performance with the canned tune, could get Stillen to custom tune their cars, get it work work right and still have the warranty.

Just a thought, but I need more info on the true status of implied vs written warranty.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote