View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #66 (permalink)
G Fo12ce
Premium Member

Drives: Sold!
G Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond reputeG Fo12ce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
I don't see how it can make more power at all points of the curve. If they are lengthening the runners then theoretically they are giving up a little in the top end in order to get a fatter mid-section. Overall it may be faster but the peak power number won't necessarily read higher. Interested to see the independent dyno comparison.
Chris judging by your avatar I'd think you'd still like it anyway right? Just making an analagy since we have no numbers and definitly not an attack on you.

If you got a fatter mid section where the power under the curve was higher and in a broader rpm range, wouldn't you rather have that at the loss of (I'm guessing) only a few HP up top? For road racing who really cares if you lost 5hp from 7k to 7.5k rpm if you got +10 from say 3k to 6500 where the car spends more of it's time.
G Fo12ce is offline   Reply With Quote