View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
NOOOOOOOOO NOT THE SOY SAUCE!!! YOU CAN'T WASTE THE SOY SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha, what weld rod did you use, 4043? did you prep the joints with a bevel, or just a straight butt-weld between the joints? TIG weld? I can't do TIG welds myself, I can only do MIG welds

use smaller filler rods and i'll see whati can do to fund one of ur new mods

i believe is 4043 LOL i have no idea they only sell one type of aluminum filler rod on island.... straight up butt weld bro =] no need for the bevel... i used only 1/8 thick aluminum.... my tig penetrated it with ease i only bevel when i usually weld 1/4 and thicker aluminum which im super used to welding... making the tank was like shooting in the dark... i knew only half what i was doing hahahahahahh.... and yes tig weld.... i love how much control you have on the tig... you can adjust the heat and everything... i dont really use mig for aluminum i usually end up with crappy welds with a crap load of phorosity ahahahah i think im just doing it wrong with the mig though...

i just finished using a small filler rod all i can say is i should used a stupid smaller rod hahahahahah i welding a exhaust for an rc car.... the welds are tiny lol

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote