View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Push370zzz
Track Member

Drives: cars
Push370zzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninous26 View Post
I agree with unknown 100%. The NSX is the better car and that 252hp number is from an automatic. I knew a biased Z guy would pull that up.

The car is hand built and weighs as much as a focus. Very well ahead of it's time, the car was built for aryton senna's liking (famous f1 car champion). Also an NSX would destroy a 350 all day long. I would put my money on a 370 in a straight line but that would be neck and neck.
I really disagree with this. These things handled pretty damn well in the 90's, but they are seriously underpowered. As I said before on my very first track day I was in an advanced group with this black mid 90s NSX. Beautiful car, looked good out there, but I was running several second faster laps on a sub 2 minute track with mostly curves where it should supposedly excel. I think this is one of those arguments people with Z's seem to get into with the Mustang guys about how they may have a Z in a straight line but it can win on a track due to handling. Especially with the 5.0 this is just not true, and same goes with the NSX. Great vehicle for its time but no match for a 350 or 370z on the track with similar skill leveled drivers. It does look like a much faster vehicle but it is just not. I would absolutely buy one of these babies up because I do love them, but it's just not the monster people make it out to be.