View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
lol that's what i said

good work though. hope you did an inspect on those welds to make sure there's no big porosities or something that can lead to leaks!

did you do a pressure test or anything on it?

(sorry, i'm an engineer too, first thing i think when i see humongous weld beads on a liquid container is 'oh god i hope it doesn't leak')
hahahah yah bro i pressure tested it..... filled it with water to the top shot a huge amount pressure of air saw it bulk up and no leaks showed up.. the water just spewed outa the fitting where i was shooting the air into... and no porosity either.... i think i shoulda used a smaller filler rod instead of using the biggest one they sell.... hahahahahaha it was the only one available at my shop though

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote