View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
daleks
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Evo X MR
daleks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
Thank you daleks... I think you're the only one that understood my question =P

So you're saying any 370z muffler should link up to the the rest of the Nismo's exhaust without any issues besides the one you pointed out correct? Is the problem that the muffler has a connecter to a hanger that's in another location on the Nismo? So the Nismo's muffler is suspended slightly differently then? What did you do to remedy the issue?
Yes, the mid-pipe to muffler connection point is the same NISMO or otherwise. As for the hanger issue, the position is the same, but I believe the rubber spacer is a little different. In another thread someone mentioned just leaving that mount off, but you could try just going to the dealer and buying the standard rubber spacer. Also, I don't know what the real term is for the part; I'm just referring to the rubber piece that goes around the exhaust hanger and is then screwed to something under the body of the car. In the below picture it's the visible hanger on the left.

Nissan 370Z Forum - daleks's Album: Meisterschaft Nismo 370Z Install - Picture

I didn't notice the issue until I was in the process of removing the muffler-only section. It turns out the rubber spacer rotated and the hanger was rubbing against the metal portion of the bracket that held the rubber in place. That explained the rattling at high RPM.
daleks is offline   Reply With Quote