View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by >135I View Post
Do you think there will be any difference in longevity and quality between your setup and say a Stillen?
I would expect not. The Stillen uses a Setrab cooler which is a little pricier than a Tru-cool as is a Mocal, but all have good reputations, are sturdily built and have thousands of install successes. I had this exact Tru-cool in my TT for 6+ years with no issues and have had other friends that have done similar installs using this core. . Supposedly some Nascar teams use them, but that may be Ad hype. IMO the Tru-cool is very well built, easy to mount, and a true bargain at $45. An equivalent Setrab or Mocal is about 3 times that price (but imported from the UK for Mocal and Sweden for the Setrab which accounts for a large part of that I'm sure). They are very high quality units though. Another advantage to my system is the 180 degree thermostatic sandwich plate (which was actually the most expensive component). I would consider that a necessity in cooler climates. You could save $50 (taking the cost down to $220) on this set-up by going with a conventional (non-regulated) plate like the Stillen or DDM units use.

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!

Last edited by Modshack; 05-18-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote