View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #1922 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
I cant turn back now. Thinking TT Just waiting to see if stillen stands behind their products and grants my request for a refund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@WheelsDirectOnline.com View Post
No offense, but the hardware isnt really the problem. Why dont you ask them instead of a refund to get a reputable tuner shop in your area, and have them do a custom tune for your vehicle. Have them refund you the money for the tune you paid for and pay for the new one.

I cant believe people have not done this yet, at least this way everyones car will be set and can move on. I think custom tunes are a little safer, and you can get the most power out of your vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
Carb compliance and warranty thats y more people arent doing the custom tune. No offense taken[
I have to agree with Chris. It makes more since to get a custom tune than to tear all the gear out and replace it. You obviously don't need to hold out for a Stillen tune for Carb cert considering your other mods. If the tune is the only problem, a new tune will be much cheaper and has already been shown to work. I'm not sure if anyone else is thinking of offering an engine warranty or not, so that could be a deciding issue.