View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
Does anyone happen to know if an axleback exhaust designed for the regular 370Z will fit a Nismo also? The reason I ask is because I'm considering replacing just the muffler section of my exhaust. I think Nissan tuned the exhaust on the Nismo right so I want to alter the design as little as possible... I'm not going FI, just intakes at the most and want to keep my low end torque... I'm just looking for a tad more growl from my baby =P

A simple reponse is preferred, yes or no... I dont care much for HFC or the like because I figure the piping diameter would not be a perfect match at the connecting points along the exhaust since most aftermarket exhaust parts are wider... also, I want to stay CARB legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1loco View Post
I do not believe so. NISMO has a dual hpipe post CATs keeping it dual all the way back. Regular Z has a y-pipe, so there is only a single run doing back post CATs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
I thought of that particular exhaust actually because they do say the parts are interchangeable with the stock exhaust... but I think they were still refering to the regular 370Z's exhaust... What I really need to know is if the points where the mid-pipe meets the muffler the same on the Nismo as any other Z or if you would be able to install the stock muffler of a regular Z on a Nismo in other words?
You answer is in the posts above the one you just recently made. If you have a NISMO (like me), you have an H-Pipe setup. If you have a Base or Touring, you have a Y-Pipe. Most websites will allow you to specify what vehicle you have and offer you parts based on what you choose. You could always consult Exhaust Sound Clip Database or Exhaust QRG

Rob
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote