View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #77 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

The installation wasn't too bad. Getting the stock pulley off was a bit of a pain though, because they torque the bolt from the factory really, really tight. My mechanic had to hold the starter in place with a pry bar while I loosened the stock pulley bolt with a torque wrench, and it took a lot of effort/strength to loosen that thing. It probably would have been easier if the car was on a lift vs. trying to loosen it while laying on the ground.

Anyway, I plan to do a full write-up once I get the car re-dyno'd later this week to see if there are any measureable gains. But for now, here are a few pics.

Here's the Stillen UD Pulley:

Here's the stock pulley, viewed from underneath the car:

Here's how the engine looks after the stock pulley is removed:
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote