View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
chubbs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2016 370z Auto-Grey
chubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond reputechubbs has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know - I've never used it!

However... as I am a cheapskate I have actually bought something similar to that over here in the UK. It's a 2-piece unit (rear sensors only), it plugs into the rear 12v power socket on my 350z.

As my car is black, the black sensors aren't too noticeable and I positioned them at the lower inner corners of the rear light clusters so I could hide the wires and fit them without any drilling.

I must say that it works fine. Something like this may be even more beneficial for the rear of the 370z with its restricted visibility. Can't see why you'd need any at the front though - I rely exclusively on eye-brain-hand-foot coordination so I don't hit the car in front (normally works, but not always!).

The only reservation I have about cheap 'always on' solutions is that they are 'always on'. The one in your link appears to be activated by selecting reverse gear, which is better. If you get the dealer to fit a reverse parking sensor kit, it's only activated when you select reverse gear - but if you use one like mine it's sensing stuff all the time, so if someone walks directly behind the car (eg., if you're sitting in traffic in a town) the thing starts to bleep! If this happens, you just unplug it.

All in all, I'd say that for a really cheap parking sensor, mine does the job efficiently, but the one in your link may be better (in theory!). How does it connect to the gear shift?

'03 Grey >>> '06 Black >>>'10 Silver >>> '16 Grey ^

Last edited by chubbs; 05-16-2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Can't say - classified information.
chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote