View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
bboypuertoroc
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '06 Evo IX GSR
bboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond reputebboypuertoroc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WShade View Post
As a prior Mitsubishi owner, they leak as a brand due to improper engineering
Yeah not quite. I have not one leak and I beat the **** out of my Evo.

On topic, your engine is broken in the first time it warms up. The only reason you should be easy on the car when it's brand new is because the clutch needs to be broken in.

I beat the piss out of my Evo on it's maiden voyage (test drive with 2.3 miles on the clock)... had it up to 150mph and launched it four times. The only issue I've had with the car in 42,000 miles is that I smoked my stock clutch at 8,000 miles due to a bad launch.

Don't be scared to run it like you plan to during the so-called break-in period. Just be mindful of your clutch.