View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic370 View Post
is that with or without stuck pedal. sorry couldn't help myself
Actually, before I bought the 2010 Prius, I had a 2006 Prius. That car really did have unintended acceleration. Not the stuck pedal variety. I find that hard to believe. In my case, the car would just take off at full throttle. I could stop it by applying the brakes. The Prius has brake pedal priority. For a while I thought I was dreaming. It usually occured when I was entering a freeway. I always put it off to my lead foot. Then one day I was stopped at a light. I gently started releasing the brake pedal, and the damn car tried to take off. I immediately hit the pedal and the engine subsided. I released it again and it tried to take off. Finally, after I turned the cruise control on and off, the car began to behave normally. That's why I traded the 2006 for the 2010.

A year later (beginning of September of this year (2010)) I just found myself avoiding driving. I realized that as cool as the hybrid technology is, the Prius is just not fun to drive. So, since this is the 40th anniversary of the 240Z and I had one of the first of those (serial 11035), it seemed that fate intended for me to get a 370. So, I did. I got the touring coupe with the sport and navi options. I love it!
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote