View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilbro View Post
5k for 30hp... man.. thats pricey.. Im going to pay 10k for a tt kit and make 200hp over stock.. but thats me..
I totally agree on turbos being a better solution. I talked to Altered Atmosphere about doing TT but I'm in Cali and smog laws are strict. If you don't pass visual inspection and tail pipe emissions, your car will be off the road. AA said it would cost $3k to convert the car back to stock when it came time for emissions testing. Total cost for turbo's, shipping and reconversion to stock would be $15,000 that I would eat in depreciation. At that price point, I might as well get a used Corvette z06.

My endpoint with this car is to get a centrifugal supercharger for it but no one has them for sale yet. The other mods like headers and cats will tie in nicely with the supercharger when they come out.

PS. it was 41 hp gain at wheels... which would be nearly 50 at the engine.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote