View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Nice results. In relative terms (the graph lines to each other) this looks close enough to expected values, and it's a good result. The 300rwhp baseline, even with the mufflers removed, is kinda weird though. Nobody's come close to 300 baseline at wheels on any kind of dyno. Even DynoJets are putting stock cars at what, something around 270-275 most of the time so far? What's the story with that? Is it just yet another setting on the Technosquare dyno?
In short, the answer is, yes.

There is a little variability between individual engines, but Nissan has high precision and in the 4 370z's I have driven, I couldnt tell any difference in power output. There is a much larger variability in the dyno's and that debate has raged on for years. I'll leave the absolute hp issue alone. Let's just assume all the 370z's are 332 hp stock. Then let's assume this dyno said it was making 332 whp stock and 380 hp after all the mods. The fraction is the same. The number is wrong because it is overly optimistic, but it's useful as a benchmark to tell what your modifications are doing.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote