View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
daleks
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Evo X MR
daleks will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizmo0533 View Post
i guess you bought my car!! congrat!!!! and have Stillen G3 intake + nav and sub right?
Do you live around the North end? I keep seeing a white NISMO in the same spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon FM View Post
Loud or not I love the sound. What makes me hesitate is whether the performance would be similar.

Perhaps we should meet half way so you can hear the FI setup. Redmond?
My two cents is that the Y-pipe collector is going to make the biggest difference. The diameter on the Meisterschaft system is significantly larger than that of the OEM setup. The FI setup is true dual, no? The muffler section of the Meisterschaft system isn't super restrictive, hence the noise.

The diameter of the Meisterschaft mid-pipe however is fairly close to stock, at least compared to that of my OEM NISMO exhaust. It does remove the mid-pipe silencers too though. I'd guess you'll be within a few HP of the FI.

As you said, when you're at the track you're staying in the fat part of the torque band. That's when the Meisterschaft system truly picks up. You'll be in the upper half of the RPM range mostly and the sound is just glorious at that end. I scared quite a few people in the I-90 tunnel when I had the system on my car.