View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
zrider
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Black M/T
zrider is on a distinguished road
Default Ark Performance Exhaust Received/Review

I've finally received my exhaust from Ark Performance today ! I have had lots of trouble finding reviews on the Ark exhaust even though I know many people have them, so hopefully this will help a few. I will be doing a full review this weekend because that is when I will be getting it installed.

For now just a few pics, I apologize for the crappy pictures. I took them with my phone. And I want to comment on my initial impression, enjoy:

When I received the package, nothing was damaged on the outside and the system seem to be very well wrapped and protected.

Looks: The system looks great! I have a small ding on one of the pieces but its not a major thing ( very small ). Overall it looks very well made. I was hesitant on how the tips were going to look, because of the pictures I've seen they looked some what a grayish blue. But I think they came out just the way I wanted it too. Great job Ark !

Here are some pictures, again sorry for the poor quality. I will be doing a full review this weekend! and hopefully if I can get my hands on a good camera be doing some videos

So I had it installed this past saturday. And wow can't tell you how much more I enjoy driving the car now. It feels like a completely different animal.

Sound: I thought the exhaust was going to turn out a little too quiet, but man it is PERFECT. It still has a fimilar sound but the tone is much lower and when it gurgles on decel it sounds absolutely amazing. It came out a lot better than i expected. Videos really dont do the exhaust any justice. The main reason I purchased the exhaust was due to the fact I heard it has VERY minimal drone if none at all. And it is completely TRUE ! I still havent broken the exhaust in, but I took the car out on the highway several times and at cruising speed there is no drone. None. I 60 mph and up could not hear anything, it sounded like the stock exhaust. But when i pressed the gas it would come alive. I absolutely love it and I chose the perfect exhaust for me.

Fitment: At first there were no issues, but I have to go back because it is rubbing agaisnt the crossmember causing quite an amount of buzzing and vibrating noise, really annoying. The installer said that he could just place a washer between and it would solve it. He mentioned it right after the install because there was a small space between and said that if it were to happen he would be able to do that.

Looks: The rear end of the car looks a while lot better IMO. The tips stick out a little further than the stock exhaust but still looks very good.

I don't have any videos yet, or dynos, sorry. I will hopefully be able to do a video soon, but videos really dont do the exhaust any justice. It sounds 10 times better in person then in the videos. I was completely shocked. The sound is intoxicating!

More pictures to come!

Last edited by zrider; 09-27-2010 at 06:49 PM.
zrider is offline   Reply With Quote