View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

Evos final drive ratio.....you're revving so high at fwy speeds i found that very annoying. I own an s2k so my car revs even higher but for a car with so much torque off the line as the evo, it's simply not necessary. You're just sipping on gas for no reason. They need a overdrive 6th gear. Even with high revving on the fwy, my s gets 28-29 mpg as long as i don't gun it. Evo i found nearly impossible to achieve. Evo is quite a bit heavier too and for what? The car simply isnt fast at all in stock trim. It has no turbo lag but the steam dies off so fast when you reach 5k rpms. Handling is great just as the Z, mmmm what else can i say......oh the PLASTIC pedals have broken in the past. Why would you make such a crucial component in plastic? and even after that, why is the car so damn heavy? quality sure as hell doesnt feel like it should be that heavy. Sorry about the rant im just very disappointed with the X. I would take previous MY if i were going with the evo.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote