View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
I just spoke with the dealership which is now installing my new short block with a Nissan oil cooler Part Number: 21300-SS370. What is the install time on the oil cooler? The dealership just said that it is 8 hours and the fenders need to come off. Remember they already have the whole engine torn apart anyway. This seems so excessive. I was quoted 4 hours before the short block had to be replaced.
This oil cooler installs in the exact same way that all the others do. The nose comes off and it is installed in front of the radiator, adapter plate is installed on the oil filter fitting and lines are snaked through. It took me 2 hours to install mine and I was doing it on the ground with jack stands, and that is including removing the bumper and reinstalling it. They are already going to have the whole front end removed, bumper, radiator etc. to get the engine out so if it takes them more than 1 extra hour I would be amazed. I can understand them wanting to charge 2, but 4 is excessive and 8 is just stupid. Why on earth they would want to remove the fenders I have no idea, and I would be a little concerned if they know what they are doing. Maybe they are just trying to make it sound harder than it is so you'll think you're getting a deal?