Thread: Clutch
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayYoon View Post
duude... i trully feel you~~;;

1. I really cant help u there... i've only been drivin stick for like 2months...
2. in residents and parking lots i just put it in 2nd... these were the places that i have hard time with... and this is what i do now...

bumpers- i just put it in neutral until the front tires go over the bumper... and i usually put the gear in 1st or 2nd... i think if the cars rolling i put it in 2nd gear...

parking on hills- to be honest... i still have hard time... but when parking on a steep hills... this is when i press both clutch when rolling in...

btw what do you guys do when your parked on a steep hill when reversing the moment you let go of the break and ur car moves foward toward the bumps???
I'm just quick. hold the brake pedal put it in reverse get the clutch near engagement then slip it for a half second until you move your foot and start putting the gas on and back up. Oh and first to second you should be doing about a quarter of what you do from a stop i.e. slip it a tiny bitto match the motor and throttle because there is a big ratio difference between 1 and 2
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50

Last edited by 1slow370; 09-23-2010 at 03:21 AM.
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote