View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #76 (permalink)
Josh@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Josh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeJosh@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
I just spoke with the dealership which is now installing my new short block with a Nissan oil cooler Part Number: 21300-SS370. What is the install time on the oil cooler? The dealership just said that it is 8 hours and the fenders need to come off. Remember they already have the whole engine torn apart anyway. This seems so excessive. I was quoted 4 hours before the short block had to be replaced.
We charge 2hrs labor.. no reason a dealership or anyone would quote higher than that.. there's nothing special about the Nissan oil cooler, outside of it's high cost. It's also not a warrantied item under the factory warranty, but a lot of dealers will treat the install with comfort in mind, just as they do with STILLEN products. Everything I've seen about the Nissan kit is a large SETRAB cooler and lines, seems like a quality kit, at a price premium.

If you mean they are telling you the side fenders literally need to be removed, that would be cause for concern. If they are working on replacing the engine, a lot will be removed already, but even if they didn't reduce the hourly time, 8 hours would literally be a tech working on installing just the oil cooler for the entire day.. you can do the math.
Josh@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote