View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dizzy
Base Member

Drives: 10 HW 6MT SPT/NAV
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

Apple Auto Glass is a chain, so your results may vary. I had a bad experience with them before. They replaced my windshield on my car (now my winter beater) and all went well. Looked good, great friendly service, quick job! The one thing I never ever thought to check was my windshield sensors. My car had a rain sensor for the wipers. One of those ones where it automatically activates the wipers when it rains. After the replacement, it wasn't working. How the heck would I know? I just left it turned on all the time and when it rained, my wipers came on automatically. So, a week later, it rains and my wipers don't come on. I'm busy and it takes me another week to get back there. They told me there was nothing they could do because in those 2 weeks, it could have failed. Unless I tell them immediate, they aren't responsible. Guess i should have poured water on my windshield to check. I didn't lose any sleep over it though as it isn't an issue to actually turn on my windshield wipers.

As with all franchise based stores, your mileage will vary.

I agree - get the Nissan glass. You have a fairly detailed dot matrix systen in the windshield and I would want to go factory for that.