View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
Yeah I know of him he used glass which will yield you a little more room(I personally don't like using it)but with the MDF I have a little freedom elsewhere,the box that I'm making is a stacked ring set up too,but if you look at the people who have made them the rings are too thick,cutting down on volume plus I seen one that the bottom was on top of the spare tire hold down bolt mine will go to the bottom of the spare tire.

It is allot of extra work but I have the time and patience and I want it to like it was suppose to come that way from Nissan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juleous View Post
Yup I made one just like that for my 280z spare tire well. I used my router to cut out the rings stacked and glued it all together worked well, till it got wet somehow anyway swelled and split. That was a long time ago though, I would do the bed liner trick if I were to do it again.
Yea, I look forward to seeing the finished product. I think this is the way to go for the DIYer......... and the bedliner trick would finish it off nicely.