View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #60 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer383 View Post
Yeah glass takes time but I think I have found a way to get .35cu ft using MDF and still remain flush,lucky for me that my car is a weekend driver only and occupies a 2 car garage by itself so I have plenty of time to build this.

I know how to use fiberglass (we use it at my work auto body)but I really think I can swing the MDF it will be tight but that's what I want so I have very little movement in the spare tire well.
Someone did a MDF a while back and it came in close to .35, if my memory is correct. He stacked cut out circles of 3/4 inch MDF to create the enclosure. It was loaded with a 10" Pioneer thinline. Jeff Smith measured the internal volume of the spare cavity and it was .64 .... more info here:

Spare tire well boxes 101.........

Keep us posted, I look forward to your finished product

John