View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute
Default It goes without saying.

I was bored here at work and Googled 370Z vs. XXXX, and Road and Track compared it to a Porsche Caymann. I guess it's implied that a Z-car is a "poor man's Caymann." Fine with me. The Z car, but more specificallythe Z-32 twin turbo, was my dream car back in high school (but couldn't afford its nearly $40K price). I hit a "Caymann club" link analagous to this website, and read most of the comments by its members. Boy, am I impressed. The majority of the people demonstrate netiquette Cayman S vs. 370Z - Planet Porsche and don't turn their nose up at a car that's about 1/2 the price of a Caymann. It goes without saying, that when you attain a higher status in life, it polishes your essence while manifesting culture.

By the way, I live in an affluent suburb (Palos Verdes peninsula) where $100,000+ cars driving around aren't rare i.e. Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, etc., and I can't believe that people who drive current model 911's do double-takes on my 370. Whether they think it's hot/ugly doesn't influence me. But I notice the people who start crap are the spoiled high school kids who drive Lexus IS-F's, EVO's, STI's and sadly, GT-R's (us Nissan drivers shouldn't rev on each other, it's childish ).
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote