Thread: Financing help
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimon1313 View Post
Falcor...here's what I would suggest.

I know this from experience. You're going to have a very, very hard time getting financing for a private sale like this, even with 12K to put down. Have you thought about taking that 12K, finding a similar used Z at a dealership and financing through them? They have primary lenders who will be able to get you a loan, although you're likely facing horrible interest rates.

I had to do this with my first car. I had 10K to put down, financed the rest. The interest rate was incredibly outlandish, but I was able to get the car, make payments and build my credit.

I agree. Without a co-signer this is your best bet. I strongly suggest you get a small credit card. Put gas on it and just pay it off each month.

Good luck with everything!