View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
JDW1479
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Red 370Z Nismo
JDW1479 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiontrader View Post
Agreed!

Since you've got experience with both (Evo's and Z's), subjectively, what car do you think is faster on a straight (0-60) and on the track? I'm not sure if the Evo I drove was tuned or stock (most likely the former, it seems), but I'll ask.

You can state hard data you've seen, empirical direct observation, or just gut feelings...

The Evo feels so stinkin' fast from a stop. Same with a 335i. But short of heading to a dragstrip, I've never seen the two neck and neck.
If I was to pick, the EVO X MR will beat a 370Z on the track, but I'm not too sure on the strip. The EVO X MR (or any EVO) is not made for the strip. They are track cars, they like to go around turns. Thats why they have all the electronics, traction contol, AYC, ASC, the list goes on and on...and thats what makes them so fast on a track. They can brake later and get on the gas earlier do to all the "driver aids"...aka electronics.

A stock GSR EVO X will beat an EVO X MR 0-60 due to the fact that a GSR can launch harder, because of its clutch, but do it a couple of times and say bye bye to the clutch. But an EVO MR will beat a EVO GSR around a track due to the GSR shifting all the time.

If you want a strip EVO, then go with a GSR, if you want a track EVO, then get the MR, but you will definatley need a tranny cooler. (MR tranny's tend to overheat on the track due to a fog light blocking the cooling path and an inferior tranny cooler).

The reason why the EVO feels so fast is because of the high amount of torque. Thats what gets you off the line. I think my EVO made peak torque around 3000 rpm. Thats the throw back in your seat sensation you get. Once the peak torque is over, then the horsepower kicks end.

Last edited by JDW1479; 09-20-2010 at 06:56 PM.