View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
shoopajae10
Track Member

Drives: A White Sports Car
shoopajae10 is on a distinguished road
Default Mis-matching color

**Sorry if this is posted on the wrong section, please move if necessary.**

So, car got hit and I go to New Concept Autoworks body shop to get this fixed because of the Rep they have here in Dallas.

The car is repaired and ready for pick up so I rush down there really excited to get my car back. I have a 2010 Pearl White, which from I hear is impossible to color match. So with this in mind, hoping they would be able to match the color as close as possible I went with high hopes.

I see the car and from what I see, the overall body work is awesome. From really close the paint "seemed to match pretty close" but not as close as I wanted it to. So again, since the Pearl whites are "impossible" to match I accepted the work and left.

Now, for about 2 weeks straight, I noticed everytime I look at the car, the quarter panel that had been replaced seems to be "whiter" than any part of my car. I know that the shades on the plastic bumper and side skirts are going to be a little darker because of how the paint settles with plastic versus metal but the quarter panel does not match the top hatch or the door from certain angles. you visibly see this mismatch at most angles and under most lighting, but if you look directly on the front of the panel the color seems to match.

I am somewhat picky and anal about these things, but the car is still new with less than 10k on the car and it buggs the heck out of me.

My question is... is this acceptable? Do I have to deal with this mis match because the pearl whites are "impossible" to match? I would like to find out if there are any reputable paint shops around here in DFW area that might have enough experience and the talent to fix this mis match for me.

Sorry for such a long post. =X

Here are some pics of the damages, I will post the pics of the repaired car shortly after i return home.

shoopajae10 is offline   Reply With Quote