View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
dbvato
Base Member

Drives: 2010 PG 370z MT
dbvato is on a distinguished road
Default Advice needed! Buying a new Z

Hi All,

Been a lurker for some time. Joined the forum recently as I am ready to buy a Z. I have been doing my homework but would like some advice from some of the veterans here. First thing I did was check prices,
checking dealership inventories up to 100 miles away (San Diego area). I could not find a 2010 Z to my specs so I thought I would wait for 2011 cars. However thinking I could get a good deal on a 2010 I decided to send my
request to various dealers in the local area. I figured perhaps I would get lucky. I figured some dealers would try to steer me away into other vehicles not matching what I was looking for so my emails were clear
on what was absolutely mandatory and what was optional. One dealer did try to get me into another vehicle (different color) but I let them know I had my mind made up. 3 out of the 4 local dealers confirmed what
I had thought. They told me the exact car I wanted was not available and told me I should wait for the 2011 models. One dealer told me he had a Z matching my exact specs about to be delivered on the 10th of next
month. This dealer also told me that all local dealers use the same inventory and that they do not ship from LA or Orange county area. This dealer also told me to stay away from some other local dealers as he
would get me the best deal.

Something just does not sit right. How is it that all the other dealers dont have the car available but this one is getting a new 2010 Z shipped later next month? If like he said, they all use the same inventory.
Are they still shipping 2010s to the dealers? I would assume that at this time they would be getting ready for the 2011s. I sent an email to this dealer asking about all this (waiting response) but what do you guys think?

My gut tells me to not trust this dealer and wait for 2011 but part of me thinks if this is a new 2010 I could get a sweet deal. Am I being overly cautious?
Any other questions you think I should be asking this dealer about this 2010 Z being delivered next month? Should I mention that all the other dealers dont find the car he is talking about in their inventory?

Thanks in advance. Hope to be a new Z owner soon!
dbvato is offline   Reply With Quote