View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #158 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azroadster View Post
I have had absolutely no negative issues with these tires. My car is bone stock except for spacers and I did get wider rubber when I purchased the Hankooks. I have had them for about a month and so far, IMO they are great and are an exceptional value. I like them SO much better than the OEM Bridgestones. The RE050's did not provide the same traction as the V-12's, were ridiculously loud and didn't last but 16K miles. I would have spent well over $600 more to replace the OEM's with more RE050's and that simply was not going to happen.

I stopped worrying about some tire snobs opinions years ago. I have some acquantances with Bimmers that will run nothing but P-Zeros or Michelins. They sneer at any other manufacturer. I feel sorry for those guys and can't imagine the $$$ that they are spending on rubber. I ran Yoko S-drives on my Mazdaspeed Miata and could run circles around them most of the time. If I tracked my car I would probably feel differently, but I'm too old for that s*** anymore.

AZ
Just wondering what spacers you went with with the 275 and 305s. Also did you consider the S-Drives instead of the V12s? Now that you have the V12s do you think the S-Drives would be comparable. I'm running S-Drives on my 280ZX and I really like them but the V12s and the Ecstas are my other choice..... all three seem like the best bang for the buck....