View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #59 (permalink)
Holliday
Track Member

Drives: in the fast lane....
Holliday will become famous soon enoughHolliday will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
k...I did five washer yesterday on my car and four washers on the bros red Z34. When I left the deeler I gasssed it no more then I would normally in first gear and got the tires scratching (a first) went next door to the Ford dealership to show a buddy and all the vultures were out at the cars after a 4.5k rpm rev. Funny the car was warmed up BUT never could get it to rev past 4.5k in neutral. Maybe a rev limiter?

So with five washers cruising down the freeway between 70 - 75 mph, winds at 10mph, windows down, I was getting fumes in the cabin. I heard the bro pass by and I swear it sounded like a formula one car. He had four washers. Four washers do not have fumes coming in the cabin. I did notice the power range decrease (sluggish and not as fast of a throttle response). After the placebo effect wore off I realized it sounded like it was gargling with mouth wash (in the cabin of course). I have not heard the car outside as a bystander with drive-by's.

With two cars to work with I can mix up the amount of washers and see the difference. I spent the rest of yesterday dropping the washer count to 3 washers then 2 washers. What I found with decreasing the washers that I was gaining back my power band and throttle response. So for me it's going to be either 2 washers or 1 washer (1 washer giving back the most amount of band band and throttle response).

I was using some really fat 3/8 washers and decidied to see if home depot had thinner ones and they do, so today I am going to go with 1 fat washer and 1 thin washer to give it 1.5 hopefully a sweet medium.

For me 4 washers and 3 washers was just annoying loud and it sounded garble (in the cabin of course). The main reason to drop the washer amount down is to keep the power band and throttle response. I heard though that by increasing the gap will decrease the amount of back preasure. This could have something to do with the loss of power band and throttle response.

My mod setup is:

Nismo CBE
Berk HFC
Injen CAI

Everyone may have different results depending on their mods.
Yea, just put it in gear and hold the clutch in, then you can rev galore