View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #152 (permalink)
smartbomb
Banned

Drives: 300ZXTT, 350Z, 200SX
smartbomb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
This quote is from the 'other' thread. I'm trying to abide by the efforts at thread consolidation here.

I think I understand what you're saying, smartbomb, and it's a valid point. There's a difference between deliberate fabrication of numbers vs. 'cherry-picking' the highest ones. That's why I try to show all runs.

This is the most recent Dyno Dynamics run that I have posted (after installing the Stillen headers):

You can see how close all three runs are.

Here's the most recent DynoJet run I have posted (done on same day as above):

Again, you can see the consistency. So in your opinion, is there any inflating of numbers going on here? I suppose technically one could accuse me of cherry-picking because I list the highest of both sets in my signature below. But it's not like I'm taking dynos where I've got three runs with +/- 10whp deltas between each run and only publishing the highest one. And for the record, I don't have sheets from other Dyno Dynamics and DynoJet dynos that I'm suppressing because they came in with lower numbers. I've spent enough coin on dyno sessions as it is!

Your results are pretty consistant, I am wondering why the output for the dynojet chart is so noisy with a smoothing factor of 3. Thats what I usualy uses to make it not look so jagged.

What I see is common, (especialy on the SR20 forum) is to do lame stuff like not use SAE correction, then test on a cold day then brag about the numbers while saying that corrected numbers are not real power. I have also seen dishonist shops maunaly screw with the correction and or smoothing numbers to show exagerated power numbers after their tuning or installation of their parts. A common method is to baseline with a high smoothing factor then dyno after tuning with a factor of one which produces higher numbers.

Last edited by smartbomb; 05-13-2009 at 11:59 PM.
smartbomb is offline   Reply With Quote