Thread: Vdc
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
There is really no good reason to have VDC off when you're driving on city streets. Some will argue that it's intrusive and potentially dangerous in the event you have to accelerate quickly to jump across traffic, but I'd suggest you probably shouldn't have made that move in the first place. I do sometimes turn off VDC on the street if I just want to have a bit more fun in a safe, remote area (shame on me). However, keeping VDC off at all times while city driving is just asking for trouble as you're removing a driver aid designed to keep you and others safe.

If you find you're getting the urge to 'drive at the limit' or drive aggressively, go sign up for an autoX or HPDE and then switch off VDC. There is no role for driving at the limit on public streets.
well said