View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleG370Z View Post
I've had this situation with my last car(push button), sometime you don't push the button correctly maybe too quick or too soft or not in the centre of the button and the engine doesn't turn on, instead just the radio.
Don't worry no real problem to worry about, just monitor it and if happens everytime you start the car then do have it looked at.
I think you're onto something as the starter button simply sends an electronic signal to the ECM to get matters going. Also, if you depress the starter button for more than two (2) seconds the engine stops. Almost sounds like a switch issue?