View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Got the car back with the new CSC. I forgot to take home the paper work, so hopefully they'll send it to me so I can list the part number for revision tracking. Attached are photos of the failed CSC. It does not appear physically broken, but it appears a seal has gone bad inside. So how do we strengthen this seal? How do we get the plastic piston to support additional load?

My service advisor says if Nissan does not need the part, then he will give it to me. I plan to ship it out to SpecialtyZ for further examination.

[EDIT] After doing some research about CSC and leaks, it CSC and piston seal leaks are nothing new with CSC. So CSC is easy with the effort, but the seals are problematic. Ford and Jeep uses CSC, and owners complain about leaking seals. Goodness why the heck Nissan would use a CSC in a sports car!!?

Anyhow, perhaps we should research various CSC manufacturers to help produce a higher performance CSC that can support higher hydraulic PSI, use an aluminum piston, higher quality o-ring seal (one site lists EPDM rubber), etc.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 09-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote