View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #31 (permalink)
FaZt 1
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z sprt M6
FaZt 1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Wow, did you do multiple layers or something? My calculations were for a single layer, as I didn't want to add too much weight to my car.
No, I did a single layer. I ordered 10sq ft of damplifier, and one sheet of luxury liner first. The damplifier only really covered the center section below the spare and some of the strut towers. Didn't make enough of a difference so I added the 13sq ft package of damplifier pro (if I had to do it over again I would have used all damplifier pro). I used that on the wheel wells, the rest of the strut towers, the riser between the spare and the small front compartment, inside of the fenders around to the tail lights. Only place I really didn't cover was below the hatch opening in the back. I don't think the weight was more than 20lbs and it made a difference on the sound levels. Not perfect, but not willing to invest more in it as I think its diminishing returns at this point. Also, with the back quiter, I can now hear more noise from the passenger door (though with passengers in the seat you don't hear it). I am unsure if I am going to do the doors.

Not that much weight IMHO, but much more comfortable with the noise.
FaZt 1 is offline   Reply With Quote