View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
NYBladeZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Lotus Exige S
NYBladeZ has a spectacular aura aboutNYBladeZ has a spectacular aura about

Actually it is out of the question. Prior to getting the long tube headers I had test pipes matched with the stock exhaust. Sound wise it was the best decision I made for little $. However on a grateful dynojet I made less than 300whp (296.4). HFC's will yield less power. The stock exhaust is to restrictive, the inlets for the y pipe are ~2in so with tp's or hfc's your still suffocating the exhaust.

I don't know how it is in Pittsburgh but unless you're on the sniffer you won't have a problem. NY uses an OBII, if you aren't throwing any codes, which I won't be then you'll pass. However, if you're dumb enough to go to an anal shop that will put your car up on a lift or crawl under they won't pass you even with hfc's because you "modified" the stock cats.

It's wishful thinking to get 30whp with HFC's and a tune, frankly hfc's don't make a big enough difference where I would even throw down for a tune. You would have to get it retuned again after add more bolt ons ie. intakes, pulleys, headers, etc.

Last edited by NYBladeZ; 09-16-2010 at 10:35 PM.
NYBladeZ is offline   Reply With Quote