View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #138 (permalink)
smartbomb
Banned

Drives: 300ZXTT, 350Z, 200SX
smartbomb is on a distinguished road

I'll answer the questions the best that I can,

I don't remember exactly what the temperture was, I think it was just under 100c or when the fans kick off which is also useful to equalize the electrical load. The water temp was monitored with a scan tool and yes the dyno fan was run at all times. As mentioned the car was run many times with each part installed to normalize it and the runs we counted were not cherry picked but ones taken after the power levels stabilized after several runs, usualy after about 4-5 pulls. The ECU was not reset but the car was run for several minutes to trip the short term and some of the long term trims. Normaly the short term trims start making adjustments imediatly and the long term trim will set after several minutes. Please note that the trims will not have a large effect on wide open throttle open loop operation like is seen on a dyno although they will affect transients and part throttle operation, the part a driver feels. As noted in the test, the air fuel ratios were continuosly monitored just to make sure that other factors like MAF turbulance were not skewing test results.

I was a Nissan engineer for 18 years before they moved to the deep south and I have been involved with the development of Nismo parts. I also have been activily involved with the Tuning industry for the last 22 years as an automotive engineer so I strive to be careful.
smartbomb is offline   Reply With Quote