View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
90 ST
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
you should probably train your guys by first sitting in the actual car and listening and getting familiar where the first shortcoming is.

yes the speakers are not good but the HU is crappier. it's not the pre-1990's where cars came with fullrange paper cones and whizzers. the speakers have wider bandwidth now.

and the OEMs are manufacturing these headunits at the lowest possible price at manufacturing facilities that make other low/mid grade HU's. the key here for OEM is durability and reliabilty, not quality of actual sound.
I work for one of the largest audio companies/manufactures in NA, so i think there may be some research it what we train. Not to mention i have sat in numerous cars and heard many a demo cars/display boards at CES where this can be heard and proven.
Just what i've learned from real world experiance.