View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #136 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
The difference is conservative dyno testing and reporting vs cherry picking dyno runs for internet forum bragging rights. We are 370z.com, not Technosquare and we reported the results that were obtained in an objective way that others should be able to obtain. The gains are real and significant. The results are professional and should be repeatable, not cherry picked results done by someone who is trying to gain notice on a forum or look good on Utube. We went into the test methodology in detail in the article.

Anyone who is experiance with dyno testing and tuning know that if you try, you can produce runs that make significantly more power if you condition the car to make such a run. We strive for finding what a car will actualy do most of the time.
First, please do not take my post as argumentative or confrontational. Just trying to gather information regarding your testing methods. I read your article and it was interesting, but it did leave me with a few questions.

You mentioned that you had a very strict process which you repeated for every single test however you didn't really specify a few things that are kind of important.

1) You mentioned in your article that you made sure your tests were all run at the same water temperature. What was that temperature?

2) Did you have a Consult II or III scan tool hooked up to the car during the tests?

3) How many runs did you do for each product that you tested? Did you just install the part and then run it once? Or did you install the product and run it multiple times until the car stopped producing more power?

4) I couldn't really see from your pictures but was there a fan blowing on the front of the car during your tests? In your pictures I could not see one and just wanted to confirm.

Again, I am not trying to be confrontational but these were just some of the questions that I had after reading the article.

Thank you very much!
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote