Thread: VVEL delete?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 03:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

as for using 07 -08 hr heads.... F that the heads we have are too bitchin to not use hell it could probably be a big gain for the hr guys to swap our heads. I would be retofitting intake cams into the 370z heads because the heads on the 370 have revised port geometries, revised valve areas, revised casting around the spark plug to decrease hotspots, and are over all awesome. The plan since i have an extra set of heads right now would be to either go this route and stand alone with cable throttles, or max the vvel out.i'm looking into making some titanium valves and using berilium copper seats, with upgrade springs and titanium retainers and locks as well either way depending on if i want to blow that much cash in my heads. If i were to eventually sell these it would probably be a tuner type package and a full kit with a couple cam options. the tuner level package would be everything except the standalone, and the full kit would have a stand alone with a harness adapter to avoid cutting any wires.

and for the NA guys there would be a gain because you wouldn't be limited to the amount of lift and duration that the vvel maxes out at. Plus if your cam or lifters scored nissan and your warranty is voided you would be able to fix it so long as the cam bearing surfaces aren't crap.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote