View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Z_U_later
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z Roadster AT7
Z_U_later will become famous soon enoughZ_U_later will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
Z_U_Later - please keep us fully posted re: the Nissan rep's findings, et al. Hope your nightmare ends well, and soon.
Well they found the problem, it was 2 sharp edges on the folding assembly causing the tear. In order to find the cause they has to cut into the top but the dealer stitched them up, man what an eye soar. Well the good news is that they will replace the top assembly and fabric. The bad news is that it will take a month to order the replacement parts from Japan. Well thats the latest from my top tearing saga. I have to say I am now really worried about the durability and design of the top and top assembly. I hope once this is repaired that the problem dosent come back after my warranty is up because the rep told me that the top assembly cost $13,000 not to mention labor and the fabric too, Im glad it is not coming out of my pocket. This is my first rag top and with how things are going may be my last.

Last edited by Z_U_later; 09-16-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Z_U_later is offline   Reply With Quote