View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #1767 (permalink)
Chris_1
Track Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Roadster
Chris_1 has a spectacular aura aboutChris_1 has a spectacular aura aboutChris_1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
Not sure I follow? So your at a show, and all you want is this massive chrome housing under the hood? So a twin turbo setup would be worse at a show? A show is just that, SHOW...not go. Most are trailer queens and/or gaudy body kit conventions.

How about this...

-People will see that massive FMIC (if you want), which yours wont have.
-You can put a nice info board next to the car which immidiatly catches people's eye for being something that 'looks' important.
-From reports it sounds like you can most definitly 'hear' GTMs charger/valve which would get people pondering.

So ya, its kind of a lame excuse. The fact is GTM is a fab house style company that gives one-off style type quality in their products. This is also one of those cases where your not getting what you paid for, where as your getting more so from GTM. Stillen at this point just feels like an APC style company where its just about getting to market as quickly as possible for mass production. Two very different strategies.

Good luck.
Danny, No offense but you have no idea our needs or wants for a show vehicle. Second, you are a GTM protector as I call it, and you dont know what Stillen is doing to fix this, so you know nothing. GTM has had its problems, but you barely have an argument b/c their products are not out their yet like the stillen is.

As for us wanting something for show, yes the stillen looks like their is something their as where a turbo or gtm s/c doesnt. A front mount means nothing to me, as I have had it and I prefer the setup of the Stillen. It works on factory cars, so to me thats what I trust. A front mount is good, but living in miami, a watercooled system is better due to the traffic.

So honestly you have no say in what WE want. You can love GTM all you want, but the fact is each company will have its problems whether its now or down the road. At least they are trying to work with everyone to fix it.
Chris_1 is offline   Reply With Quote