View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
htt760
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Base 370z
htt760 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by simota1 View Post
man... when i first saw it i though the fenders where functional.. but then i realized it was a fake scoop... its ok bro at least ur different.... if i had that kit i would just remove the hood cuz it makes it look like mustang....
Simota, the first things I removed where the hood scoop and side scoops.... I think it looks okay with the side GT-R looking side and side skirt add on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx370z View Post
huh? lol.. uhm
I think he meant that these particular items are more geared towards function<form

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
hehe, this is where that hood scoop belongs.

Agreed, after speaking with the owner of xenon I understand why they did what they did. I may not like it but hopefully this can help explain it.

Think Two Pools of Companies in Manufacturing:

Pool 1 (Lip kits, Body Kits, Spoilers), Most Customers and Alot of Competition, Maybe 5% to 15% chance of customer purchase
Examples:
Amuse
EVO-R
Stillen
Top Secret
and Many Many more

Pool 2 (Add on Pieces), Niche Customers and ZERO Competition 50% chance of customer purchase
Xenon

From a business aspect, I do have to agree with him. Cheap, easy to make, no competition, and people may or may not like it. Its a educated Gamble.