View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:38 AM   #42 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Well, I agree that diplomacy is an important tool, especially now that we've got some engineering types looking at our cars in the field.

However: (a) I really wish they hadn't decided to do their test in the northern climates. It's the guys along the southern edge of the country that are going to see this problem the worst, and that's really where they should be looking. Also (b) 'just a few weeks' more? We're already on the verge of proper summer in the southern states. A few more weeks to release, a few more weeks after that for people to actually get them into their cars... they're running late, and people are going to hurt their cars in the hot weather in the meantime. We should have been at this stage back in February.
In know, February would've been the best time, but at least the fix will be here in a bit. You'll also have the cooler available for you in a few weeks. We're the actual testers because the engineers are wondering why they're getting so hot this far north. I think when it comes out for us getting logged by engineers, you will also have this product for your car. (IMO, you do have to be just a bit throttle-happy to get this to happen.) For those of you wondering if this is going to be a problem on long highway trips in the heat, don't cancel your plans. It sounds like some people are really getting freaked out by this. Buy this car, and you can get the Nissan Motorsports oil cooler. It's just about here. The company is positive of this, and are confident it will work perfectly.

Last edited by TheWeatherman; 05-13-2009 at 09:41 AM.
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote