View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

well there is carbon-carbon ceramic think space shuttle heat sheild. i belive there was a company producing a paint additive consisting of vacuum microspheres of ceramic that is like a fine dust you mix with paint, that provides insulating effects. and it is not technically correct to say gold or silver is the best insulation as they are really crappy insulators when it comes to contact. they merely are very reflective to infra red radiation. meaning a throttle body spacer made of gold foil would work like crap, but if you cover your engine bay in it, it will keep heat trapped in your engine bay( which is a bad thing unless your turbo is right next to the frame rail and your afraid of starting your car on fire). Or at least thats the way it was explained to me. It's more of bling thing anyway, besides i hear JDM stickers work better anyway.
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote